nostalgia for england

After the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this past weekend and waking up to a rainy morning, I decided I want to do an England-inspired post!

My boyfriend is from England (complete with the accent and insatiable taste for tea). His family still lives over there, and we have been over to visit them a few times. It's a beautiful country--his family's home looks right out onto a sheep farm, which is about as English as it gets. The first time I went it was April and the baby sheep were out and about, chasing each other and bleating for their little sheep mommies. Here's the view:

Just looking at this picture makes me miss it! 

I put together an outfit with a few things I've picked up or been given over the years from England including a floral scarf from Topshop and a pearl bracelet and earrings from Laura Ashley. I like to buy a piece of clothing or jewelry everywhere I go. When I wear it, I'm reminded of the fun trips I've gone on and places I've visited. It's such a good feeling!





Click here to hype this look on Lookbook!
Scarf: Topshop (similar here and here). Tank top: Nordstrom. Cardigan: Coldwater Creek (yes, I'm an old lady). Skirt: H&M (similar here). Tights: Primark probably? Shoes: Bloch. Bracelets: Vintage pearl necklace, newer pearl necklace, Laura Ashley (similar here). Earrings: Laura Ashley (similar here).

Thanks to the talented Ashley Parrish of Parrish Photography for the wonderful photos!

Hope you're all having a wonderful week! 

Gina xoxo

Share:

14 comments

  1. Hi dear! Nice post :)
    There's a GIVEAWAY WITH CHANEL on my blog >>

    http://www.acupofashion.com/2012/06/chanel-giveaway.html

    I'm waiting for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit. Very polished. I really like the scarf

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit!

    We'd love for you to check out our blog, and follow if your like it :)
    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing!!

    Ps. Definitely following you! =) Would love it if you could do the same. <3 <3

    xoxo
    lesleykim.blogspot.com

    LesleyKim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support ladiesss! Will def be following you via Bloglovin'--be sure to follow me too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scarf!

    Please enter my Swarovski pen giveaway on www.luxessed.com!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you're so cute!

    just found your blog and love your aesthetic!

    and hey guess what! i just started a new blog! i think i have some great ideas and i'd love if you could stop by and perhaps follow it, if you like!

    http://www.annacbie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely scarf!




    Stop by!
    hereaway.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/XtiffanychenX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog,i am your new follower,wanna follow eachother so we could keep in touch?:D
    Kisses and Hugs!

    http://countryoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute scarf! i love your hair here too!
    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.gr/
    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So chic! I absolutely love your outfit :)

    - Victoria
    www.Vickkitas.blogspot.se

    ReplyDelete
  12. eep how lucky are you to have a brit boy! love your look here, gorgeous snapshots :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. My grandparents are from England and we have lots of relatives there. I love how you associate different articles of clothing with travel...and concur about the Diamond Jubilee celebrations giving you nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete