the trip

OH HEY EVERYONE YOU PROBABLY THOUGHT I WAS DEAD BUT I AM ALIVE SO HAYYYY HOW R U MISS U.

Just kidding, but yeah, I've been really busy recently and my blog has unfortunately suffered from it :( However, Ashley and I did a shoot last night so I will have some fun pics for you sooooon!

So, about The Trip.


I am really into films.
I love nothing better than to sit with a bowl of homemade popcorn covered in extra butter and salt and watch an indie flick.
One of the movies I watched recently that was absolutely awesome is called "The Trip". Starring Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon, it's basically about two guys traveling the English countryside trying new restaurants in order to review them for a magazine column.
And it is HILARIOUS.
Like, literally the whole movie is the two of them cracking the funniest jokes, doing impressions of other well-known celebrities, eating interesting food and driving through the most beautiful, scenic parts of northern England. It sounds weird as the plot of a film, and it kind of is, but it works.
Amidst the jokes and travel, the friendship between Coogan and Brydon also brings up more serious aspects of life, such as differing ideas of success, competition among males, childish versus adult relationships and so, so much more.






I highly, highly recommend this movie if you're looking for something good to watch. If you like Rob Brydon, he's also on another English TV show I used to watch called "Gavin and Stacy". Very funny and very worth your time if you like dry humor.

And BONUS: the movie and the show are BOTH available on Netflix! When does that ever happen??

Comments

  1. Great review, I am definitely going to watch it!!
    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness...two amazing actors! i must watch it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts